School Expels Girl for Having Gay Parents - Yes, you read that right, the school expelled a 14-year-old girl because her parents are gay. Well, just pardon me all to Hell, here I was thinking that a school's purpose is to teach children, but this is one who I can't say I think much of what they are teaching. Apparently, the school actually has a policy that states that at least one parent may not engage in practices that are "immoral or inconsistent with a positive Christian life style, such as cohabitating without marriage or in a homosexual relationship" (I guess it's OK if only one of them does it, huh?). Now, what exactly this has to do with the child's schooling is beyond me. Let me just take a moment to note that the "offending" parents have been together 22 years and have two other daughters, ages 9 and 19. More committed than most "normal" Christian couples I see these days. So much for the sanctity of marriage. Well, all I have to say is fuck these fucking fuckers, fuck them hard right into the fucking ground, and when they can't be fucked no mo', fuck them right the fuck up. Intolerant, close-minded bastards. Guess what, you suck, and any child NOT subjected to your pathetic brain-washing is one more child saved.
*ahem* Sorry about that. On a lighter, less aggressive and more "gee, thanks for the cookie, Dad" note, it seems that the music and movie industries have taken a new step in their Don Quixote-esque fight against file sharing. This time, it's a program which will scan your machine for "illegal files" and give you the option to delete them, so as not to be a problem. Apparently, though, it has exactly zero way of distinguishing what is an illegal MP3 (that you downloaded and/or share) and a perfectly legal one (one you ripped from a CD you legally own for the purpose of, say, loading to your iPod). So, in essence, this appears to be nothing more than a program that will scan your harddrive for anything with particular file extensions (mp3, avi, and others) and bring them up, Explorer-style, so you can delete them. Ooh, real programming job there, I'm sure this will make a MAJOR dent in illegal file sharing. When will these yabbos learn that the ones that are actually doing the damage that they fear so much are the ones that are also smart enough to protect themselves? Your Mom might run this and dump a few music files, but if you're running some kind of file server, you're not gonna bother with this. What a waste of time. besides, it's been shown, long ago, that the amount of files actually being illegally shared makes up for about 1% of the losses that the music industry reported. The other 99% must be the fact that the music just sucks.