- After an uneventful morning, resisted to urge to go when I originally planned, and instead waited so I wouldn't be there so early. Anticipation is a bitch.
- Watched Cthulhu!, which was not bad, but felt lacking. Primarily an adaptation of "The Thing on the Doorstep" with some "Dunwich Horror" thrown in, it was already trying too hard, then bits of "Shadow Over Innsmouth" were added, plus Cthulhu's name, which got confusing...especially when the credits claimed it was based on "The Call of Cthulhu," which was one of the only things that WASN'T shoehorned into it. Plus, they didn't have TotD's ending, which means half the punch was lost. Disappointing.
- Break for lunch. Grabbed a bite, called Dianna, sat around reading until brother_d73 and friends came by.
- Wandered around Things From Another World for a bit, saw entirely too many things I want, and scored a sweet Godzilla poster (done as as ad for the 2-DVD collector's edition recently released)
- Watched Shorts Block 3, and, again, a mixed bag. Highlights: a trailer for Pan's Labyrinth, which looks like a lot of fun; From Beyond, Dredd Manor and CollectAll and Hyde, both from Red Hatchet Films, clay-mation flicks that kicked ass; Binding Silence, which was one of the best original scripts I've seen done as a Lovecraftian piece, and well-filmed. And then there were some that were 'eh' at best, but no need to go into detail
- Bummed a clove form someone outside, which was wonderful, but I know better than to do it. Enjoyed it, but I was feeling it for the rest of the night
- Sadly, brother_d73's wife was not feeling well, so he had to leave early. Hope she's doing better today.
- Went back in to watch Shorts Block 1, but this damn depressive feeling that's been on top of me all week really kicked in hardcore, so I decided it wasn't worth it. Jumped in the car and came home.
OK, good night's sleep, feeling better. One more day to enjoy before I have to put this away for another year.