1. What was your favorite game that you ever ran, and why?
- Hmm, that's a tough one. My immediate answer would be the 3-year Ravenloft campaign that I ran, long ago, just due to some of the stories that came out of it (those of you who've heard the "wolfwere" story, it came from this). however, the best was a 4-year long Red Steel setting game. I'm proud of the storyline that I came up with, long and involved and full of intrigue. More importantly, though, I love how much the players got into the characters, and how they interacted with each other and the world. Gaming is fun and I don't mind cutting up a little, but having it be taken so seriously and enjoyed for it was amazing.
2. If you were offered $1,000,000 to never eat meat again for the rest of your life, would you take it? Explain why/why not.
- Ouch. I dunno. I'd want to take it for the sheer nicety of paying off everything, buying myself up a little in the world, and investing intelligently enough to never worry about things again, but to never get another cheeseburger, never get to BBQ...money's great and convenient, but there's some truth to it not being able to buy everything. I may be poorer, but there's an enjoyment of good meat that you just can't substitute with a faux-meat product. Is it a lack of willpower that would stop me? I don't think so, i'd just rather be happy than rich...or maybe I'm just a sucker for good BBQ.
3. Who would you most like to have a conversation with, if given the chance? (alive or dead)
- I'm betting most reading this would bet the answer would be Howard P. Lovecraft, but it isn't. He's a literary hero to me, but he also was not a nice guy, and I'm betting that a convo with him would be kinda dry. It might be cool to talk to Nikolai Tesla, just to see if what he was working on was as scary as they claim, but again, he was also a bit of a recluse and an oddball. In the end, it's a split choice between Albert Einstein and Samuel Clements. Clements would be a relaxed-on-the-porch-with-a-drink kinda chat, I think, and one you'd walk away from smiling in a satisfied way with a hearty handshake. Einstein was not only amazingly smart, he had a good sense of humor, and I'm betting he'd just be fun to kill time with.
4. What food would you never ever consider eating, no matter what? (besides eggs)
- Apart from eggs...um, none that I can think of. I'll try anything. now, if I can deviate slightly and say "never consider eating ever again", I'd say 'sea urchin sushi', because that crap tastes like a mouthful of someone else's warm snot. Seriously, I'd eat eggs before I touched that again. I'm glad I can say I've tried it, and I'm glad that it's easy to avoid. BLECHx4!
5. Name the top 3 things that you have always wanted to do, but still haven't done yet.
- Visit the British Isles. That's heritage for me, and it'd just be a cool trip. I'd especially want to see parts of Scotland (again, bloodlines). I'm not much for traveling, but there are a couple places I'd want to see, and that's one.
- Get paid to do something that I love doing. Unfortunately, there's not much money to be made running games, watching movies, and ogling hot ladies.