So, how are things with me? Well, pretty good. I have a roof over my head and no worries about it disappearing, so that's good. Living situation with Jessica's family is fine. I may not think a lot of her brother and his girl, but they're not a problem. Her mom thinks I'm keen, so that's a huge hurdle handled.
No, still not working. A few possibilities did not pan out, so looking at others. Worst case scenario, I go work at Wal-Mart or something. Hey, it's a job, right? With a job going, we can look at moving out of here, and I think that will help a lot of stress and mood issues. We'll see. When that happens, I'll see about getting my stuff here (thanks again for the storage, Andy, did that last box get to you?...and, Dusty, did you ever get that stuff to him? Let me know, put my mind at ease, please).
Things between Jessica and I are perfectly groovy. We might be the only real thing keeping the other one sane, but we do that quite well. She's been sick, to varying degrees. One of those "got sick, and resistance was low, so got something else, too" things. The pressure in her Eustachian tube got so bad that he eardrum started bleeding. She's presently going though Hell, and I hate that there's nothing I can do about it, but there you have it.
Life simply is. Birthday is coming up and I'm not thinking I'm getting much, seeing as how I called in most favors to make the move. That's OK, though, no big deal. I'm with my lady, and that's better than anything else (sure would like to get a copy of WoW: Cataclysm, though, but I will eventually).
So, down sides:
- Well, Jessica's sick. Hate that.
- No job = no money. No fun.
- Brother's girl does the cooking, and she's not that good. I made dinner for J and I last night, and the difference was crazy. I miss cooking. I could try and say something, but she's very defensive and thinks she's a great cook. Working on getting some stove time, though.
- Haven't gamed since I left Portland. REALLY missing it. Hard to get that together when you know no one and you are unsettled. Priorities, man, priorities...but gotta get something going, at least this online idea.
- Haven't had any booze, apart from some wine, since I left Portland. Right now would be a great time to just get drunk.