~~ In a previous incarnation, i imagine.
2. When Mt. St. Helens blew (5/18/1980)
~~ I was 7, and had moved to Jacksonville not too long before...I barely remember it, I was too busy with other things.
3. When the space shuttle Challenger exploded (1/28/1986)
~~ I was 13, in the seventh grade, and I remember being in homeroom at school, and everyone getting weird about it...and later, re-telling the first Christa MacCauliffe joke I'd heard (about her blue eyes).
4. When the 7.1 earthquake hit San Francisco (10/7/1989)
~~ I'd have been 16, but that wasn't important enough for me to notice. Dammit, I had girls and cars and other REAL things to deal with. ;)
5. When the Berlin Wall fell (11/7/1989)
~~ I was still involved with other things, but I actually noticed. I think I was watching TV with my girlfriend as the rioters watched the heavy equipment tear it down.
6. When the Gulf War began (1/16/1991)
~~ Teaching my brother to play 'RISK', actually. Nice touch, I thought.
7. When OJ Simpson was chased in his White Bronco (6/17/1994)
~~ Drunk and cheering him on.
8. When the building in Oklahoma City was bombed (4/19/1995)
~~ Drunk and giggling about it.
9. When Princess Di was killed (8/31/1997)
~~ Sober and laughing about it. Planned a party, later...I know, I'm a dick.
10. When Bush was first announced President (11/7/2000)
~~ Seattle, and didn't care. I didn't vote for him, I didn't like him, and the country was gonna regret it. See, I was right.
11. When the 6.8 earthquake hit Nisqually, WA (2/28/2001)
~~ In my apartment, realizing that going out on my balcony was probably not a good idea.
12. When terrorists knocked over the World Trade Center (9/11/2001)
~~ At work, having flown back to Seattle the day before. I was chatting with discordian, who was telling me that he could see the burning from his office window.